Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What is the best food to feed my 5 year old boxer, who has some minor health problems.


What is the best food to feed my 5 year old boxer, who has some minor health problems.?
I'm currently feeding her Rachel Ray's Nutrish. I took her to the vet today, and was told that she has cholesterol/calcium deposits on her cornea, and the best was to treat this is by switching to a food with less fat. Nutrish has 13% fat. Also, she has a sensitive digestive system, and will have loose stools when her food and she has horrible smelling gas. Any suggestions for this matter? Thank you!
Dogs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :

1 :
I would consider switching her to Science Diet. They have food specifically for digestive issues and such, as well as weight control. Working at a few vet clinics, I have found most people prefer it, even though it can be pricey.
2 :
The Weight Control and Senior formulas usually have lower fat contents. Innova and Blue Buffalo are good. I certainly don't recommend Science Diet recommended by the previous answer



 Read more discussions :