Thursday, April 28, 2011

How can I get a job in a health food store



How can I get a job in a health food store?
I am 18, male (I've never noticed any males working in these shops). Have no experience in retail. I have only worked in fast food before. I have a year long interest in alternative health and organics and consider myself relatively educated than the average customer of a health shop. I am going to study naturopathy next year. And I really want to work in a health shop - it would be a dream job since I always visit these places and love the atmopshere. But no retail outlets have hired me so far since I have no experience, so I don't know how I'm supposed to get a job in a health shop. Despite my interest and intentions of studying natural health, how else can I woo a manager into employing me?
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
brinf your curriculum vitae, talk to emplyees and ask in stores how to make it, join those places that look for a job for u so they can find a job for u!!!
2 :
Do you have a wholefoods or wild oats in your area? Because you can always start with working on the check out. You could always try getting a reception job in a health clinic. I've dropped a link to a male naturopath who has is own clinic just to keep you encouraged on the path you are taking.




Read more discussions :