Monday, October 24, 2011

Does anyone know how fast food places are doing since the green/health revolution


Does anyone know how fast food places are doing since the green/health revolution?
Like everyone wants organic whole foods now - are fast food restaurants suffering?
Fast Food - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I dont believe fast food restaurants will ever suffer. Although alot more people are going green and trying to eat right the fast food places just put out foods that make you think they are healthy but in all reality they are far from it. Its supply and demand and people are lazy and want things fast, so fast food places will be here to stay.
2 :
I agree. I was "green" long before it was a pop culture adjective, long before it was trendy. I was raised to care for God's earth because God blessed us with it and in turn, we should show thanks and care for it. Okay. Sermon over. (I normally don't get preachy, but this is the only way I know how to define/describe this.) Anyway, I did become vegan as an adult, about five years ago before it was trendy and when books like "Fast Food Nation" were more "underground" books and not "mainstream", for lack of better word. (I actually read "Fast Food Nation" about a year after I became vegetarian.) I know plenty of people, like my in-laws, who know that the product that the business serve is not healthy, but frequently eat at them anyway. Even my vegetarian SIL (the daughter of said parents-in-law), who says she became one for cruelty to animals (not about health with the way she eats), has no reservations going to fast "food" places and ordering salads without meat. (Yeah. And who is to say that they didn't pick the meat out when she ordered it? I pointed that out to her once [she's a bit clueless], and she just shrugged.) About once or twice a month, my husband will go to one on days when he is gone all day and forgot to pack snacks and get a double something sandwich and a small fry. (I have taught him many things about caring for God's earth and he has learned and in turn taught me a few things and has come up with some great ideas of his own. I became vegan a few years into our marriage and he understands and respects my decsions and will not do things like feed our daughter junk "food" like fast "food" or candy. Overall, we all eat healthy.) As long as there are clueless, lazy, ignorant, or just don't care people in the world, fast "food" places will be around. Also, the people who think the product is healthy, but really it isn't. (i.e., the apple slices that have probably been treated with a preservative and are missing the nutrient rich skins. Never mind that the nutrients started to break down after the apple was cut... Or like Burger King that calls them Apple Fries, to make them more appealing to kids? Yeah. My daughter likes whole apples because I introduced them to her at a young age, starting with apple sauce with soft chunks. The one time she tried a french fry was at Chck-Fil-A and she didn't like it, but was more interested in the veggies and fruit from the chicken salad and the fruit salad my husband got for us. Yes, I did pick the chicken out because it was the only option, other than leaving my niece's birthday party and taking time away from my sister, and parents to go to Panera of Chipotle the only fast "food" style restaurants I will go to if there are no other options.) Anyway, I'm babbling and ready for lunch. (A veggie burger on whole wheat bread and maybe the leftover potatoes stir-fried in olive oil, but I'll wait to see if my daughter wants them.
3 :
The fast food joints will just reevaluate their menus and roll with the punches. They are going no where.
4 :
The fast food chains just create new products (like smoothies and salads) and market them as healthy even though they aren't. People are still going to be gullible and too lazy to prepare their own healthy food at home, so they'll still buy those foods


 Read more discussions :