Sunday, April 1, 2012

When are people going to realize that massed produced dog and cat food are not good for their pets


When are people going to realize that massed produced dog and cat food are not good for their pets?
The pet food recall just shows that dog and cat foods sold in local grocery stores and big chain pet stores are not the best way to feed your pets. Most of these canned and dry foods lack all the nutrients that an animal needs. If your dog or cat loves and craves a certain food it's not because it's good for them, it's because they aren't getting the vitamins and nutrients their bodies need to keep healthy and live long. Anyone who owns a pet should try to feed it the absolute best food they can afford which means food from a health food store or raw food. There are many brands out there that most people have never heard of which are not that much more expensive and so much better for their pets. Check with a smaller pet store and see what brands they carry. I personally feed my cats Inova, Evolve and Merritts brands of cat food. They love it and it's good for them. It's full of healthy ingredients, not chemicals. If this pet food recall has scared you, do something about it.
Other - Pets - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes That's right Good question ... I feed my dog my food and stuff like that ..
2 :
Did you realize this yourself before, or after the recall? Are you calling me ignorant becaue I buy 9 Lives tuna for my cats, which isn't included in the recall, because I didn't realize on my own sooner that something being sold off the shelf in my local grocery store could be hazardous to my pets' health? Would it be possible for you to rephrase your question a little more politely by simply pointing out there are other alternatives, instead of just labeling everyone who doesn't know what you do as ignorant? Also--not everyone realizes that dry food isn't included. Not to mention, it's only "cuts and gravy" types. Thanks for the info anyway.
3 :
You are so right. AAFCO approved many products that the FDA has deemed harful and fatal for human consumption, and they put it in your pets food cuz its cheap, abundant and because they are greedy.... they don't care about your pet. This recall is one of many in the past, the problem has always been there, just not enough of it is getting broadcasted. Check out this website...... it changed the way I feed my pets.... http://www.api4animals.org/facts.php?p=359&more=1
4 :
first of all i love my pets i have lots of them and they probably all eat better than most people. but they do eat purina. i have had dogs and cats for years, my whole life. But going to a pet health food store come on. than for most of the population is totally unrealistic. i can't even afford to buy my food in a health store. You are not harming your pets by buying them canned good at petco. yes the recall was horrible, it was very sad and it spoked me alittle too. but the tylenol recall scared me too. some things are just accident. you can't really blame anyone.
5 :
I had been feeding my kitten "Nutro Natural Choice" because it's not made with byproducts but this was on the recall list!!! Thankfully, the dates were not the same but I think I will find a new food I can give to my little furry friend. I had no idea so many pet foods were made by the same company under different names!
6 :
have you also tried flintriverranch.com as an all-natural pet food alternative??? can only be found online or by phone...check it out!
7 :
Yes, pet food from grocery stores is nasty! It has so many "fillers" that are just fat and all the stuff that you shouldn't feed your pets. It makes them obese. Not to mention, the reason why my family quit buying from safeway: when water is mixed with dry types of dog food, guess what floated to the top? Dog hair



 Read more discussions :