Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I hate health food. Help


I hate health food. Help?
I hate health foods. I mean I try to eat health and try to eat the no-sugar, low carbs stuff but I can't. I like some veggies and fruits but I couldn't eat them all the time. Its a horrible habit bu tI eat all the time. And not even good stuff, its chocolate covered, or salted or honey glazed. I mean I'm not fat. I'm only in the 45% for my weight but I have a feeling I'm gonna regret eating all this junk. Do you have any recipes, foods, suggestions I could use to get myself off the sugary foods and into more health foods that aren't disgusting. Thanks!
Diet & Fitness - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
We mostly all do at some time or another. I just had a big bowl of icecream with chocolate cake and whip cream and hersheys chocolate sauce. and I hate sweets and try to stay away from them !
2 :
Start with something that is a bit of a compromise, such as: Chocolate covered strawberries, Celery and peanut butter, Fried banana with cinnamon and agave (a natural sweetener) Start small: Get low sodium potato chips (they don't taste any different) Cook for yourself more!
3 :
I used to be the same way. This is going to sound like a cheesy testimonial, but I used www.fitday.com. I never realized everything I ate! I knew I ate too much, but this amount way ridiculous. This site give you a graph and a count of everything you eat. You enter your foods for the day and activities and weight. You put in your goal weight and it arks your progress along the way. The best part is its free. Then you can see what you are eating too much of and try putting in different foods every day until you get the graph split into thirds. Good luck.
4 :
If i eat something unhealthy-i try and make it healthy. Eg. instead of the great sugary muffins-i make my own so I know what's in them and i'll subsite things to make it healthy. E.g. if you have sugar in your coffee or on your cereal-try honey instead. Honey-is natural(most of the time), as well as keeping your sugars stabilised longer-so your less likely to feel the urge to snack. With the veggie prob-try blending it up, making it into something you like. e.g. quiche, shove a small amount in a smoothie so you don't notice it. I used to go for a coke every lunch, then I switched to juice, now they brought out the one with veggies so i have that now. Set yourself a goal-make yourself eat at least one veggie a day. Just try and go for healthy choices. If it's something really unhealthy-think of a punishment e,g. run around the block for an hr or eat broccilli instead to compensate. Eat nuts-their filling +good protein, try looking down the health food isle-they have lots of health bars etc-try and avoid the sports one-esp biggest loser-their yucky. LCM bars are a better aletnative-their light-give you something to munch on, yummy and they don't have such a high sugar content. The V8 juice has a strange aftertaste but is alright too-only if cold first though. Try and make your own foods-it makes you proud and you know what's in them. I'ts hard, but you get into a habit. If you are craving certain things-perhaps you are lacking in them
5 :
You have some pretty good answers up there. Welcome to the health culture. It takes work and retraining the taste buds but you get so you wont eat anything else. It's like no way do I want to put junk in this body of mine. The body doesnt live long on processed foods. Get off all artificial sweeteners and flouride and research the Eugenics population control program. Chemtrails, vaccines, swine flu and other "new" diseases



 Read more discussions :