Friday, January 1, 2010

How good is Chicken Soup dry cat food for the cats health and well-being


How good is Chicken Soup dry cat food for the cats health and well-being?

Cats - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's not a very high quality food.
2 :
I'm liking it, and so are the cats. I'm on my second bag, and I've seen a huge improvement in coat, stool, and general demeanor. One cat who had developed corn allergies tolerates it exceptionally well. I think it is very, very reasonable for the quality, and compares favorably with crappy supermarket brands. I'm not a big fan of dry food because of the myriad of problems that can come from it, but Chicken Soup has good ingredients, and I feel comfortable letting my cats graze on it as well as a regular meal.
3 :
It's definitely not the worst food you could buy. At least it doesn't have by products which are inferior ingredients and corn which cats don't digest. My only problem would be that its not a grain free food and cats really are strict carnivores.
4 :
dry food is garbage for cats. Cats should not get any grains, byproducts or carbs. dry food can lead to diabetes, renal disease... High quality canned is much better-wellness, evo, merricks,avoderm..there are lots of them. Do a search on feline nutrition and make up your own mind. there is lots of info out there
5 :
I'm totally against feeding cats a dry food only diet. They don't get enough moisture from the dry food and they don't drink enough water to compensate for this. I have two ragdolls and the older one came to me as a 7 year old with a prescription diet due to having recurrent urine infections. I eventually switched him off the prescription diet as I was worried about the long-term effect on his kidneys and I put both my cats on a wet food only diet with a little dry on rare occasions if I go away for the whole day. My older boy has had no problems with his health ever since, and this was three years ago and my younger kitty seems to be doing well on this diet also. The food we feed our pets is often very low quality and full of rubbish meat by products. I feel that it is easier to keep your pet healthy if you feed them well and I have been concerned about the quality of pet food for some time now. You want to make sure that there is a high enough meat content in your catfood, that it has no added silly ingredients (such as sugars or grains). In the wild a cat has adapted very well to eating meat and the only vegetable matter is obtained from the stomach of their prey or from chewing a bit of grass. Think about the fact that mother nature intended a cat to eat the way it does and try to replicate that as far as possible in their food. Always read the label and try to make decisions based on a balanced, mainly meat diet for your kitties.
6 :
I think the cat should have the soup because how the soup is made and it not good. I have a cat and my dad have or been with cats his all of his life. He said that soup is not good for cats too. The soup can been bad for they in the long way. You should ask your cats vet before you give your cats any soup.
7 :
as far as a dry food it is okay. i can think of better foods. including high quality wet foods and the prey model raw diet. cat are obligate carnivores. they dont have the GI tract to handel the carbs from the meat flavored cereal



 Read more discussions :