Monday, February 8, 2010

The Greeks tell me that eating any cold food or drink is bad for your health


The Greeks tell me that eating any cold food or drink is bad for your health?
In England we give cold food to children with tonsillitis to ease the pain.Im sure food temperature is just personal choice but here in Greece they tell me over and over to keep away from food from the fridge...are they mad? Do you live in Greece?I hear it everywhere..even from doctors.I know its wrong but Ive heard it so many times Im beginning to think they may have a point!How else do you eat yogurt though? Greeks that live abroad must change a little as I knew many in London and they never mentioned cold food once. I was hoping to find out some of the reasoning behind this-since there must be something more to it.Just telling me youre Greek doesn't help,so's my husband and he thinks we need to warm up the milk first! They are not saying this because of food hygiene rules.Even cold water can give you a sore throat.If one buys water from a kiosk you have to wait till it warms up! If one prefers it hot or cold because it tastes better this is a personal choice. In England we give ice cream to people with sore throats..to feel better. Sorry I really want to get to the root of this!
Other - General Health Care - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No scientific basis for that that I can think of (cold food being bad); in fact eating unrefrigerated food could give you a nasty case of food poisoning. I would continue eating like you always have ...(odd wives tale tho')
2 :
I'm Greek and I've never heard that one.



 Read more discussions :