Saturday, August 20, 2011

How can I legally sell food products in Maryland


How can I legally sell food products in Maryland?
I'd like to start a raw food snacks company. There are a few local health food stores that I would like to sell my products to, I'd like to sell them at the farmer's market, and I'd like to sell my products online. How can I go about this legally with proper licensing in Maryland? Thanks!
Law & Ethics - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :

1 :
Each of those requires a different type of regulation and/or licensing (if any). This is a lot of material so ideally you want to consult with the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. But here are a few notable things to know. If you sell food to consumers, you need a Food Service Facility license. Farmer's markets are exemption to this requirement, so long as the foods you sell are from a list of approved food types which include most raw fruits and vegetables, jellies, some canned goods, and baked goods. A special license is available for home production, but your kitchen has to comply with a few regulations. Applications and more information can be found here: http://cha.maryland.gov/ofpchs/fc/index.cfm


 Read more discussions :