Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Health Food Vegan Recipes


Good Health Food Vegan Recipes?
I am going on a healthy diet, and need some good recipes for lunch and dinner and snacks. Any suggestions? I Hate Tofu. Please no recipes with that. Sorry I said vegan, I meant Vegitarian
Vegetarian & Vegan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Do you like pasta? As long as you use sensible portion control its easy and cheap. Wholemeal is best. Make a basic but tasty sauce with a can of chopped tomatoes, a tablespoon of tomato puree, a crushed garlic clove or an inch of garlic puree and either some fresh basil leaves, torn, or dried Italian herbs such as oregano. Simmer gently until reduced to a thick sauce. Once you have your basic sauce you can eat it plain or add other veg such as mushrooms, bell peppers, corn, fine beans, or pulses such as chick peas, lentils, haricot beans. You can spice it up with chilli seasoning. If you leave out the Italian herbs and add a chopped onion you have a good basis for a veggie chillli. I add chilli, turmeric and mushrooms, corn, carrots, kidney beans and sometimes lentils. Great with brown rice. Try this for other suggestions: http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Everyday-Cooking/Vegetarian/Main.aspx I've been veggie for 20 years and could never contemplate eating meat again - I like my food to not have a face!!
2 :
http://www.fatfreevegan.com
3 :
Here is my recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies: 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt ¼ teaspoon baking soda ½ cup grapeseed oil 1 tablespoon vanilla extract ½ cup agave nectar 1 cup dagoba chocodrops 1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl 2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl 3. Mix wet ingredients into dry 4. Form ½ inch balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet 5. Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes Hope you like this. I have some other recipes on my website that are vegan and there is not a drop of tofu on the entire site: http://www.elanaspantry.com



Read more discussions :