Saturday, April 12, 2008

How can I increase my tolerance to hot food and what are the health risks


How can I increase my tolerance to hot food and what are the health risks?
I come from an Italian house hold and grew up eating lots of hot foods. I thought I could take on any thing hot. However yesterday I ate a habanero pepper and I freaked out. I don't expect to eat one of these bad boys and after wards feel no heat at all but what are some ways I can build up my heat tolerance and what are the risks of eating a lot of hot food?

Other - Food & Drink - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I like hot Banana peppers on bread and butter. You can get accustomed to it . I believe they are slightly addictive. Habanero's are simply to hot don't bother with them. To the best of my knowledge there is no health risk in eating hot stuff.
2 :
start with low scoville peppers like jalapeno's/banana peppers in food then work self up to the higher stuff if you like it, the worst that can happen is a volcano erupts in bowels and the burning lava comes out if body cannot handle it.
3 :
The best way to increase your tolerance is exposure....I have used a frank's red hot sauce for a long time but after awhile it lost its kick,so I stepped it up to Frank's red hot xtra sauce and it was a little strong at first but now the heat is down to a level similar to the regular hot sauce. As far as health risks go I don't think there are many,some folks may have trouble breathing when exposed to very hot stuff when they are not used to it,the only other thing is that if you eat a lot of real hot stuff often enough it may burn on the way out....LOL



 Read more discussions :