Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What are the health benefits of raw unprocessed food


What are the health benefits of raw unprocessed food?
I'm looking more for evidence-based answers than opinions and beliefs.
Diet & Fitness - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
fruits and veggies loose nutritional value by picking them, cooking them, and cutting them up. They definately loose the most nutrients when you cut them and cook them, so it's best if you eat them raw. They are even better for you besides the fact that they are already really good for your health. When I eat healthier, I feel a lot better and more energized then when I eat fattening and fried foods. They don't upset my stomach either. I feel so much better by eating healthier
2 :
Done believe any of the voodoo-based witchery claiming you have a limited amount of enzymes and need to replenish them with raw food. A lot of very strange things are being used as arguments for raw food, and most are totally made up. The idea is however pretty good, and i would advise you to eat as many things raw as possible. Some things do need to be cooked (like eggs, which contain a biotin uptake inhibitor when raw), or meat (which will probably give you food poisoning). Stuff like carrots and other hard veggies are poorly digested when raw. Raw veggies and the likes contain more intact phytochemicals that are more or less heat sensitive. Some plants have healthy compounds that are only produced when an enzyme (which is destroyed by heat) changes on precourser compound into another, like in brocolli.
3 :
It is so simple!!It comes from nature and it has all the enzymes and nutrition's that our body needs.Every living creature on our planet eats unprocessed raw foods besides humans! I don't know why people think that 2 much fruit or vegetables are bad for you.When you eat raw unprocessed foods your body knows exactly what 2 do with it and those foods give you all the nutrition's and health benefits you need and that makes you healthy from the inside and out.
4 :
There is a list of benefits for raw foods and the raw food diet at the website below, not sure if it has the evidence you want though. For evidence I could be one example. I cured myself of breast cancer more than eleven years ago when I switched to raw foods after a breast cancer diagnosis, turning down chemo, radiation and surgery, etc. Raw food and juicing cured my breast cancer and my long list of health problems disappeared in the first month including fibromyalgia, arthritis, acid reflux issues, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic canker sores and much more. I had a failing immune system until I switched from the standard American diet of processed, refined, canned, cooked food, etc. to raw foods. Nurse Sue



 Read more discussions :