Sunday, February 1, 2009

Is cooked food bad for your health


Is cooked food bad for your health?
Does cooked food make us feel sluggish and tired? I'm planning on going on a fresh fruit and vegetable diet.
Diet & Fitness - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Cooked food, no, I love cooking my eggs and chicken and shrimp and cod, and crab, and salmon, etc. What does make me feel sluggish is fried foods, for example, and kind of fast food, even home made fried chicken has that effect.
2 :
no, it doesn't, but fruit and vegetables are a very important part of your diet too. If you do go on this diet, make sure you have the proper amount of protein in a day, otherwise u could get really sick. I hope i helped, and good luck! :)
3 :
Well, theory has it that cooked food 1) kills all nutrients, vitamins, many minerals and 2) even modifies them to make them into molecules that are "unfamiliar" to our bodies, even carcinogenic. This is definitely true for roasted things. Cooked food also acts as a mild sedative. We don't say "comfort food" for no reason. It can make the foods acidic to our system, whereas ideally we have a slightly alkaline Ph. I do a primarilly raw food diet. What happens is...you detox. Like mad. And your digestive system is NOT used to having all of these fibers that are intact. You have to be careful to ease into it. I now add one cooked meal a week. I don't know what is going on. It can be so cleansing that all my past sins are coming out of their hiding place in my liver (five years a smoker, a lifetime of TV dinners from a bad mother, etc




Read more discussions :